Friday, June 5, 2009

4th Anniversary Trip

Well - It has been a long time since we posted!
First of all we celebrated our 4th Anniversary on the 27th of May! It is so crazy to us that we have been married for 4 year!
I am so lucky to have Nick as my husband! He is so patient with me! My love for him grows every day - and I still get butterflies when I think about how much I love him!

For our anniversary trip we went to visit our friends Tyler and Camille in Louisville! We had a blast!! For the first few days of our trip they were out here in Utah visiting family - so we just explored on our own!

We flew out on Friday morning - and once we landed we headed right for Cincinnati to have dinner with Paige's cousin Ben and his wife Melissa! We miss them so much! It is a darn good thing that Nick reminded Paige that we were near Ohio - and that we could visit with them! Paige is a total ditz when it comes to geography!!

Saturday afternoon we headed down to Nashville! We toured the Grand Ole' Opery! It was super cool! We got to see the singers mail boxes, their dressing rooms, and even stand on stage!

Saturday night we went to the Nashville Temple - it is so tiny!

On Sunday we just drove around and explored Nashville - We love to drive by and look at nice homes - don't worry that these homes gave us a new description of MANSIONS! Their homes are ginormous!!

On our way home, we stopped and visited the Louisville Temple -

On Sunday Night we picked up Ty and Camille from the airport! It was so good to see them! Their son Kayden is so big! He was so much fun - just constantly jabbering and walking around! He is super cute!!

Monday (Memorial Day) we went to ChurchHill Downs - There were actually races! So we got ourselves a seat near the finish line - and watched a couple races! It was so cool! Nick really enjoyed it - his family has always been into horse races - they even had a couple race horses when he was growing up!

The Trumpets Starting the Race:

Us! Aren't we Super Cute?!


Getting the Horses Ready for the Race:

Us at the Finish Line!



For lunch we went to the cutest little diner! Paige wants to open a place like it here! It had mismatched tables and chairs from the 50's - 60's. Cool lamps on the tables, crazy decor every where you looked! It was a lot of fun! In the parking lot - they had some photo opportunities - - -

Tyler, Camille, Paige, Nick~

So cute!


On Tuesday we went to the Louisville Slugger Museum and Bat Factory! We watched them make bats - and some for professional players! It was cool!

Paige at the Slugger Museum


Nick at the Slugger Museum

Tuesday night we went to the Falls of the Ohio - much like Niagara Falls. Well - the falls were nice - but - we think Niagara wins!

Nick walking with Kayden at the Falls - Super Cute!


We flew out Wednesday morning! We had a great trip - and we were very sad to come home! We always have a blast with Ty and Camille! We are so happy that they let us come stay with them!!

8 comments:

Jess said...

I'm so glad you guys got to go out there to visit! That is so fun! I definitely want the pic of Jess Neeley street! SO COOL!!! Hope you guys are doing well! Miss ya.

Amber Blair said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! That sounds like such a fun trip. My bro went to Louisville on his mission, so I got to go to the bat factory too, isn't that place so cool?

Julie said...

Happy Anniversary Happy Anniversary Happy Anniversary...okay i could go on and on - but I think you get the point!! :) you two are having way to much fun without me!!! but i'll forgive you I suppose cuz I love ya!

Reed and Chelle Eckman said...

What fun! Congrats on the four years!! You two are so cute together! Luv ya!

Jana Lyn said...

You'd better see Iguacu Falls in Brazil, they'll completely waste Niagra! Anyway, I'm happy you were able to celebrate your 4th Anniversary in a fun way!

Derek and Lisa Larson said...

Happy belated anniversary! We've missed you guys! I'm glad you had so much fun on your trip :)

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! I'm glad you found our blog, because when I started this new one I lost all my blogs I follow. I saw you at Seminary graduation a couple of weeks ago and was going to say hi, but with all the craziness I missed you. It looks like you are having so much fun. I saw your adoption blog as well. I rally hope that works out for you. We have a couple of really close friends that have adopted recently and it's been such a blessing for everyone involved. Well, I hope that I will run into you again soon, maybe at Costco? :)

heidi said...

louisville looks like it was fun, although i have a feeling that you to would be fun anywhere.
we really should have swapped the boys and gone on a girls trip, next time.